Ask a Librarian Answers Question mark

Find what you need in our searchable FAQ.

I'm not a UConn student, faculty, or staff member. Can I get a library card?

4368 views   |   Last updated on Aug 23, 2021    visitors borrow public access library card


Yes. Community Borrower cards are available to Connecticut residents; members of the UConn Alumni Association; registered students and faculty of the CT State University System or the CT Community Technical College systems; and spouses or domestic partners of UConn faculty or staff.  Apply in person for a Community Borrowers card (Note: for Storrs campus, applications are available only in the Homer Babbidge Library).

Additional information, including all application procedures, eligibility requirements, and policies related to the Community Borrower Program, can be found at

For more information about services available to visitors to our Libraries, please visit:

chat loading...